Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Bit Late - But Still In Time...

Last week, Xanthe and Andrea have started a collaboration about colours - such a great idea, as I'm clearly in need for some colours right now; these grey and foggy days seem to go on forever.

I missed last week's colour red, because I didn't find anything red to take pictures of… needless to say there are plenty of red things in my household, which I keep seeing, now that the colour yellow is asked for. 

But yellow is really difficult - nothing yellow in my home (or so I think…), as it isn't one of my favourite colours, unless flowers are involved, of course. And so it's quite serendipitous I discovered this beautiful yellow buttercup this week:

yellow flower buttercup textured
processed with Kim's textures "havana" and "celery"

Before I'll hop over to visit everyone at Texture Tuesday and celebrate Kim's return home, I'm off to the dentist's (once again…) - wish me luck!

Speaking of which (wishing luck that is, not the dentist): no news on my lens yet... I took the photo above with my macro.

Have a wonderful and colourful week everyone!



23 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

It's just beautiful, Rosie, and definitely a much needed shot of color on a very cold gray day here. xo.

Becs said...

So pretty. Love that bright yellow cheering up what is a very grey day in the UK. Hope the dentist is OK and keeping my fingers crossed for your lens too. :)

hootnonny said...

So gorgeous and sunny! And I always say that back is beautiful!

Gail Dixon said...

This is absolutely beautiful! From the texture to the colors to the composition. I can never get yellow quite right with my camera. Reds I have no problem with as many others seem to complain about, but yellow is a challenge for me. Not for you, apparently! :)

pam said...

Yellow is tricky. You have done a beautiful job with it!

Pam from Pamela Greer Photography

gina said...

Beautiful work, Rosie! So soft and dreamy. I don't like yellow much either, but this is lovely.
Hope your lens is okay.

The Artful Diva said...

This is so pretty, I'm having a hard to dragging myself away from the screen...I cannot stop looking at it!

leanne can blog said...

Yes, yellow isn't one of my favourites either, but it is quite cheery :)
This buttercup is beautiful.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful shot...The texture you used is perfect...

Sirpa said...

Lovely sunny yellow!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

this is beautiful. I love the yellow with these textures.

Justine said...

I love this yellow, I didn't realise you could play along with Xanthe's colours, what a great thing to do. Hope the dentist is ok and thanks for your lovely messages, I really appreciate them.

Laura said...

Beautiful work Rosie. I love the texture you used. Here all I see is colour and long for colourless winter scenes!

Barbara said...

I don't know the details of the dentist but I know how I hate to go and hope it was uneventful. Love the color, and composition. The texture is beautiful, Happy weekend.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Gorgeous still life I love the texturing.

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty flower, Rosie, already feels like spring !
I don't like going to the dentist ... hope everything went well ...
Nice week,
Sylvia

Prairie Jill said...

Gorgeous! (Hope the dentist visit went well.)

Tricia said...

This is beautiful! It's so bright and sunny…it feels like a bit of spring :)

Evelyn S. said...

I love the POV in this image....and that beautiful sunny yellow!

Barri-Jayne said...

So pretty! I do love yellow...

Unknown said...

What a glorious image - love the perspective, and colour!

Becca said...

This is beautiful Rosie! I love yellow!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful flower.. You captured it perfectly!

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...