Monday, August 1, 2011

August Break 2011


About a year ago I opened a flickr account and almost immediately discovered Justine and her wonderful photos. I started following her blog and found out about Susannah Conway's August Break 2010, decided to participate and became a member of the flickr group (I didn't have a blog at that time). There I met Lisa - who encouraged me to set up a blog, by the way - and I enjoyed August Break with my two new friends and a wonderful flickr group.

August Break 2011 is starting today and yes, I'm taking part in it. I look forward to connecting with old friends again and meeting new ones, to sharing photos and getting inspired. I also hope that August Break brings back a bit of my photographing/uploading/blogging routine I've somehow lost since the beginning of this year.

I'm off now to put this up to Lisa's Creative Exchange and I'll be visiting your blogs over the next few days (I'm afraid I won't get araound to do that today).

Have a wonderful August!

17 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

My dear Rosie, you are truly one of the sweetest kindest people I have met here. I always look forward to your posts, your photographs, and just you!
Happy 1 year, and I am so glad you will be doing The August Break once again.

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

Justine said...

Do you know that I was actually thinking that today about how we met! I can't believe it was a whole year ago and here we are again! It feels like a reunion almost. So love having you as my first blogging friend, you are the best Rosie!!,

Evelyn S. said...

Love the "cool" feeling of this photo, Rosie!

Jamie said...

Isn't the blogging world amazing - so much support and friendship our here.

Gail Dixon said...

Such a beautiful wildflower. So delicate and lovely. I'll have to check out the August break thing. I've seen so many posts about it!

gina said...

I know the August Break helped me connect to wonderful bloggers like you! It will be fun to do it again....I am going to try to post a photo every day, but if I don't that's okay too.

Pitterle Postings said...

Love this picture. I am working on a 365 day blog and I am nearly finished. I do think I have gotten much better with my photography. I will have to check out the August Break. I think you are amazing.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I will hop over to learn about the August Break. Thanks for letting us know!

Unknown said...

How cool is that.. I think I met you through Justine's blog.. Not sure..

Your photo is gorgeous..

Hugs, Linda

Luys Jun De La Cruz V. said...

Hello, your have a nice and fresh blogg i like all your pics, I´m a new FanBlog of you. Greetings. =), Following.

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed hearing about your journey. What a wonderful world it is! Unfortunately I have had no internet during my recent travels so am looking forward to catching up on all the happenings!

hootnonny said...

Lovely wildflowers. I'm going to try (emphasis added) to participate. Hopefully, I can add a pic w/o giving its history! Hope we both get back that "feeling," as I'm also in that place.

Pat said...

What a lovely image!

Laura said...

Its amazing how time flies. Love your images Rosie. It's great to see how we have all developed over the year.

Deanna (snippets from springdale) said...

Ahh, Rosie, what a beautiful image...you are a real sweetheart, I can see by the comments how much you are admired. Take care and I feel as tho I can call you "my friend"....

Lisa said...

Sweet, sweet little blossoms. And I love the nice, cool color.

Nick said...

A really nice shot Rosie! Happy 1 year and so nice to see you doing the August Break. Happy, Happy Sunday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...